Know how to delete app on Android device. No matter which platform you are on, at some point you’re going to want to delete apps. Whether it’s an Android smartphone or a Windows PC, at some point apps start cluttering your machine and need to be deleted. This is a relatively simple process on all platforms but sometimes it can be difficult to find for new users. None of these platforms make it explicitly clear how to delete apps when you buy a new device, which is why articles like this one have to be written. If you’re having trouble deleting apps on iPhone, Android, follow these steps to get the job done.
How to delete apps on Android
Here’s how you can remove an app from your Android smartphone.
- Open Google Play.
- Press the hamburger menu icon on the top left corner. Go to My apps & games.
- Go to the tab
- Here you will see the list of all apps installed on your device. Tap the name of the app you want to uninstall.
- Tap Uninstall on the resulting screen.
If you know the name of the app you want to uninstall, you can do that by following these steps:
- Open Google Play.
- Type the name of any app you’ve installed on your phone in the search bar at the top.
- Select that app from the list of results.
- Tap Uninstall on the Google Play.
You can also uninstall apps via these steps on Android:
- Open the app drawer.
- Tap and hold the icon of the app you want to delete and drag it to the top of the screen where you see Uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Apps.
- Now select the app you want to delete. Tap Uninstall.
This will remove the app from your Android phone. Note that these steps may vary slightly if your phone doesn’t have stock Android.
Delete apps in settings
This method works for all versions of Android. The first thing you should do is open the Settings menu on your device. After that, open Apps or Application manager (depending on your device), find the app you want to delete and select it, and then just tap on the Uninstall button.
The app will be deleted from your device in a matter of seconds in most cases. Once completed, you’ll be directed back to the Apps menu, where you can repeat the process to delete more apps if you want or have to.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Tap on Apps or Application manager.
- Tap on the app you want to remove. You may need to scroll to find the right one.
- Tap Uninstall.